Team IJC at Lawari Snow Jeep Rally, 8th Jan 2017

Latest Events, tours, camps, rally participation, all goes in here.
spidy

Re: Team IJC at Lawari Snow Jeep Rally, 8th Jan 2017

Post by spidy »

good going team and excellent coverage congratulations for securing first position
nnn

Post by nnn »

Redbull wrote:
nnn wrote:
Redbull wrote:any videos of the actual runs from indash cams?
1st post of thread! :)
epic :o :o

looks like its more fun then desert runs! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It was good fun really! The day before we had a convoy recce run of track, but being a convoy it was just a slow drive thru. On race day we were supposed to be going last, we only got there early because of spectator traffic possibility. Once we got there we were just chillin. Mani n I were sitting in Asad's jero back seat, when they suddenly called us to go. I barely put the helmet on when he flagged me off! You can see me setting gps n other things on the way! We had previously discussed that we were not going to push. I only put on 2 of the 4 chains I had for NPP, as they were mandatory and to make sure we made up the blackice inclines!
First 5-6 minutes we were trying to identify track grip / limit, not at all simple as lots of people standing by track side and with everything covered in snow, any venture on the side may end up hitting a rock / stone hidden under snow (with cholistan next month that would be disaster).
Was very surprised when we were upto next car ahead! Wasted plenty time behind him. We were enjoying our drive, and it was great fun drifting in snow, but not as much skidding on black ice! Battery failure was NPP first major disaster, made worse by the fact that we were 1.5km from finish and also that Asad who stopped to help us later could also have earned podium as well.
Ahzaaz

Post by Ahzaaz »

Zabardast performance Aizaz MashaAllah

IJC Rocks again, Alhamdoulillah